Along for the ride:

Wednesday, December 19, 2018

No Dogs in the House, he said....

Misty was one of two collies flown in from Seoul, South Korea a handful of months ago.
She was skinny and shy, having been one of only nine survivers after a breeder abandoned her business and all of her dogs. Misty had to be placed on a feeding tube as she was too weak to eat. The overseas rescue group cared for her and another collie until they were well enough to fly to San Francisco. I went to help with receiving and transfering the dogs upon arrival.

Two kind women agreed to add the dogs to their flight arrangements and trusted us to be there to meet them on arrival. Language barriers bridged by smiles and gratitude and we took the dogs to a quiet corner of the parking garage to free them from their crates, give them water and let them stretch their legs.


I have my new Heart-Dog.
She brought tears to my eyes and a lump to my throat. Skinny, smelly, not used to making eye contact with humans but look at her smile and sunny demeanor, after all she’d been through.




11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Fly, Every day can be a new day for a dog, if we don't tie them to their past experiences. We humans can learn much.

      Delete
  2. Collies are such sweet wonderful dogs. I grew up with quite a few collies and they are one of the absolute best breeds. I'm so happy for them they are with you and happy for you to have them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grey Horse, our rescue group has the luxury of a waiting list of would be adopters. Our selection process is all about the best home/match for the dogs.At least no one needed to home check me as I've fostered so many. I did get the privilege of first dibs.

      Delete
  3. I loved collies. Ever since Lassie. We had one when I was a kid -- a tri-color. Congrats on this adventure with a new dog. I wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless you for giving her a new home and lease of life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Improving your home can be a good thing, but it can also put a hurting on your wallet. Most my website projects can cost a lot of money. Most people need to make some home improvements but really cannot afford it. So if you are thinking about making some major home improvements to the inside or outside of your home you should definitely think about the consequences before getting in over your head.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful product, taking into account all the information about it, this type of product that prevents user interest in the site, and you will share more ... good luck.  Pony Rides London

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw you had come by the blog, I hope everything is okay.

    ReplyDelete

  8. Your blog and channel are my favorite. So informational and I know I can trust your reviews. You've created a great brand and I aspire to follow in your footsteps. If you think not finding the My roku account is the end of the world to you, here’s to reading more. Here are the ways how you can find the link.

    ReplyDelete