Along for the ride:

Monday, September 2, 2024

My Feet Smell Like California Chardonnay

 Where to start, after long absence from blogging? My blog having become but a chronicle for the dogs that have enriched my Life with short or longterm stays. Not a negative, but not enough.

Although I live on the outskirts of San Jose, California, I'm lucky to be close to the surrounding Foothills and can be immersed in Nature upon driving 15 minutes, to our local County Park.

The small lake is frequented by Fishermen and Fisherchildren, as well as Herons and Bald Eagles that show up whenever the Lake is restocked with fish. 


As I walked around the perimeter, after waiting for the night-herons to move on, the deep throated Bullfrogs began their morning chorus. 
This park is also a jump-off point for Hang-gliders and Paragliders, testing the air currents.
There's always something to see.


In my garden I currently have Hawaian Ginger flowers in full bloom and perfume. These are the flowers used to make the fragrant flower Lei necklaces, so symbolic of Hawaii.

This post did not live up to it's title. I'd gone grocery/wine shopping on my way home from work yesterday. Allowing GPS to take me 3 times past my destination store parking as it absolutely wanted me to make U-turns, at lights and intersections, despite traffic signs forbidding that manoever. After my third rejection of the GPS instructions, the voice just shut up and left me to work it out. Does GPS get in a snit and sulk? I now believe that's a possibility.
I had "other large objects in my car before I squished my bags of wine bottles etc. into the back end.
Upon pulling into our sloped driveway and dispite the care I took to try to prevent disaster, one bottle of California Chardonnay managed to slip out as I was contorting to right the brown-paper bag that was capsising. My feet were bathed in arromatic wine and I was left to sweep up shards of green glass.
I've been following Monty Python on Facebook recently. Their puns and irreverant, stupid sayings still please my sense of humor. I believe they were the inspiration  for this title.






No comments:

Post a Comment