Along for the ride:

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Inescapable Pancakes!

I am tired and grumpy. We have house guests who flew in from France yesterday so we already did one major dinner - on a Monday night no less! Between the wine I consumed and having jet-lagged people wandering around talking on the phone at 4 am. I am not my perky self today. Now we add in Fat Tuesday and the French hankering for "Crepes" this evening, plus a premonition of what my kitchen will look like after husband has spread flour and eggs everywhere, and you get the picture. I almost hope he really does burn us down tonight. We have a family motto that has stuck over the years: If there's no Fire and no Flood how can you call it a party? 

4 comments:

  1. Ohmigosh!! Hope all worked out well with the crepes. Never tried making them myself, but somehow the picture of a kitchen covered in flour suits my imagining of exacly how it would be. *G*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jean,
    Crepes are just skinny pancakes. I ended up being smart enough to pre-empt the problem by cooking them myself. Don't know why that brainwave was so slow in coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks.
    I like this little piece quite a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonjour Montag,
    Thanks for the comment. How appropriate that today is Monday.

    ReplyDelete